View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Wdmso, he also said yesterday that journalists deserve not to be in fear they will be attacked. I see you left that part out. I wonder why.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ahh so he gets to be Arsonist (the press is the enemy of the American people )

And then Fireman (journalists deserve not to be in fear they will be attacked.)

I get it you have no issue with a sitting POTUS calling the free press the enemy of the people Do you even have a line he can't cross

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

below sums it up nicely by David Malcolm

Trump’s thoughts and prayers are worthless at this point. It is sheer hypocrisy to suddenly care about journalists when you’ve spent over a year and a half denouncing and abusing them. Donald Trump is a liar and he hates the press because many are willing to call him out on his lies. They are willing to stand up to him and so, he decides to paint them as the enemy. In doing so, he is deliberately undermining the whole principle of the First Amendment, the right to freedom of speech.

Words are powerful things. As we’re seeing now, the language we use, and the language we allow to go unchallenged, can have far-reaching consequences for all of us.