View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I’d like to see pro life people sponsor a child till they are 18. Better yet, why not financially support the single mom and her kid so that they can have a decent quality of life. But instead.. it’s F-you welfare whore... get a job. And while she’s at work the kid is locked up at home playing call of duty. And we all wonder why kids are so screwed up these days.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"I’d like to see pro life people sponsor a child till they are 18"

Oh give me a break. I'd like to see you take in a family of refugees who don't speak English. Using your logic, until you are prepared to do so, you can't advocate for the rights of refugees.

"Better yet, why not financially support the single mom and her kid so that they can have a decent quality of life."

I do that. I pay federal taxes to support such programs, I pay state taxes to support such programs, and I give money to my church to support such programs. If we need more money for those programs, let's cut stupid wasteful spending which helps nobody, and transfer that money to fund the programs you describe. I'm all for that.

"But instead.. it’s F-you welfare whore... get a job"

Never heard anybody say that. Well, Bill Clinton sort of said that, and he's still a hero of the left. I keep asking for someone to explain why that is, and nobody even tries. Can you?

"And we all wonder why kids are so screwed up these days."

Liberals wonder why. Conservatives know why. erosion of family values, which while they seem antiquated to liberals, they have been shown to work. An inconvenient truth.