View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
“tell the poor that you are on your own”.

please provide some evidence, that one of the pillars of conservatism, or if judeo/christian ethics, is to ignore the poor?But that is the platform they constantly run on - cut taxes and then when the deficit balloons, cut social welfare programs and claim the poor are lazy. or is this one of those situations where (1) i’m right, and (2) you can’t bear to admit it, so you lob a fabricated, baseless, stupid insult instead? we’ve discussed many times the study which annihilated the notion that liberals care more about the poor. And we have constantly shown that the conservatives lack empathy and their budgets show that.

“claim that any social service causes laziness.”. it would
quite stupud to say that all social
service programs cause
laziness. it would
be quite thoughtless to deny that in some cases, it causes laziness.Yes, those poor in the inner cities lead great lives. Would you for 1 min. trade your life for theirs? I wouldn't and I hate getting up 5:23 every morning I go into the office. I certainly never said that all charity programs cause laziness. Seems like you are responding to something that no one has said.I hear if from my conservative friends quite a lot.

Paul, is Chicago a city that’s been run by liberals for many years? Is it working? Liberals of course. But you're taking what a small % of people are doing and conflating it to all. In my opinion, we’ve tried decades of liberalism in places like Chicago, and i think the people there deserve better, so i advicate for trying something different. is that as callous as you are desperately trying to make it out to be?

in the future, if you could respond to what i actually say, rather than responding to stupid jibberish that I’d never say,,our discussions will be more productive. When you are the owner of this site I'll post the way you want me to. Conservatives say those things I mentioned. You yourself have claimed that liberal policies has caused the poor to continue to be poor.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Look at the per capital GDP (and many other stats). Conservative states lag behind (even with the greater natural resources they have - and the advantage of higher per capita government spending in those states.