View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Still waiting to hear what was vile about what I said.

Yes, grifters (and look up the definition and think of say Trump University and tell me that word isn't what he is). Trying to make money any way they can. He has a reputation of ripping off workers and contracters in the past. I've told you before many of the buidling with his name on them are not his. He manages some and some he owns. Almost all the buildings on the Hudson river with his name on them are not owned or managed by him. When he sold the property he negotiated that his name would be on them.

He hasn't made a contribution to his foundation since like 2009. It's interesting to hear what was said about his foundation by the NY AG.

"Attorney General Barbara Underwood accused it of “a shocking pattern of illegality” that “amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests.”

Whatever money that remains will be disbursed under the supervision of Ms. Underwood’s office and the judge overseeing the continuing lawsuit her office filed in June, seeking $2.8 million in restitution and a ban on Mr. Trump and his three oldest children serving on the boards of other nonprofit organizations.
In a series of stories exposing the foundation’s true nature, The Washington Post found that its largest donation was to fix a fountain in front of the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan, which Mr. Trump owned at the time, that its funds were used to buy a portrait of Mr. Trump, and that it illegally provided political donations and paid for personal legal settlements.

All this comes just days after prosecutors announced that they believed that Mr. Trump had conspired with the owner of The National Enquirer and his fixer Michael Cohen to violate campaign finance laws by paying hush money to two women who said they had affairs with him. It’s also just been reported that prosecutors are investigating spending by the Trump inaugural committee. The president still faces lawsuits on the constitutionality of his enriching himself while in office. Meanwhile, the special counsel’s inquiry may be expanding rather than winding down. "
"And hitler made the trains run on time "

There you go. Pointing out a wonderful gesture that Trump made, to you, is analogous to complimenting Hitler.

"Trump has no record of being generous "

Tell that to the parents of the boy whose life might have been saved because Trump donated the use of his jet, he also gave away his POTUS salary. I have no doubt that I'd give far more away than he does. That doesn't mean he has no record of being generous.

"Everyone tries to do what they can"

Not on this planet they don't.

He' snot a good guy, and Trump University is a great example of that.