View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So local police should overlook reporting an illegal if the illegal is committing a petty crime. Illegals should only be reported to ICE if they commit violent crimes. And if illegals commit no crimes, they also should not be reported to ICE.

I can see why the Dems want to eliminate ICE. The local police would incarcerate the illegals who commit violent crimes. The rest are not worth deporting just because they are illegal. If they're not committing violent crimes they have the perfect right to be here.

Not only is ICE irrelevant by that reasoning, immigration laws are also useless and unnecessary. What's all the fuss about reforming immigration laws? Just scrap them. Who needs a wall when their is no reason to keep people out. If they're violent, the local police will take care of it.
Immigration law is federal jurisdiction, I think the local police can determine what works best in their municipalities. If you have an undocumented person working and paying taxes, hell maybe they even have a few kids that are US citizens, deporting them and breaking up the family because they got a speeding ticket isn’t going to benefit the community, even worse if they can be a witness to a crime they’re afraid to report for fear of deportation.

Need comprehensive reform.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device