View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 10:05 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If you have an undocumented person working and paying taxes, hell maybe they even have a few kids that are US citizens, deporting them and breaking up the family because they got a speeding ticket isn’t going to benefit the community, Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Let me tell you, when you have to distort the facts to this degree to avoid making your position look stupid, maybe it's time to re-think your position. You make it sound like this guy was Ward Cleaver who happened to get caught going 56mph in a 55mph zone by a racist cop.

Spence, for the FOURTH TIME NOW, would you oppose a law which said illegals get deported if they have multiple DUIs?

We probably agree that illegals who commit violent felonies get deported. And I presume we agree that illegals (especially the fictional one you described here, who is working to support a family) who gets caught speeding, I'm OK with not automatically deporting these people.

This guy was not even close to what you described, which makes me curious why you went to a hypothetical that bears zero resemblance to what we are discussing here. I mean, I know exactly why you did it, but I wonder why you'd say you did it?