View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wow, are you seriously defending Trump on his knowledge of history, OMG that is hysterical. Go google Trump and his knowledge of history, here and abroad. If he took history in school, he must of been up all night watching TV, because he clearly wasn't paying attention.

I'm not defending his knowledge. I don't know enough about it to defend or debunk. That he may be wrong about something, or disagree with someone else about something doesn't mean he has no knowledge of history. And because he may be wrong about some history is neither a shocker to me nor a disqualifier. Pete clearly and specifically said "He has no knowledge of history". I did google Trump and found a list of books he had read(which I posted in another thread) that indicated he did have some knowledge of history. And I was being sarcastic about "our wonderful system of American education." At least K-12.

My other issue with your commentary is that Trump is willing to compromise, I guess you were away on vacation when they had a deal up until the Fox and Friends started to rail on him and he changed his mind. We wouldn't be here if he signed the deal everyone already agreed to.
I recall him offering a super sweet deal regarding doubling what the Dems wanted re DACA, but they turned it down. I don't watch Fox and Friends. Nor what deal your talking about. The Dems are now saying there will be no money for the wall. Trump wants to make a deal that includes that money. So, for the present, he's the one that wants to make some compromise to get the funding.