View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Why do you frame it as "scares"? Projecting?

I point out the incoherence of your posted article and that is supposed to mean that I am scared and believe that I'm entitled to close the door? Why are you being so defensive and imputing strange non sequitur characterizations of me?

I'm trying to have a rational discussion. But I am increasingly finding that it doesn't net a similar response.
Any female of childbearing age can become pregnant, all she has to do is have operable female genitals.
So how do LGBTQ people affect birthrates, are you proposing that they be "converted" so that they can produce children correctly in your mind or that so many females have sex changes or whatever the politically correct terminology is?
Do you think people should be required to marry and have children, or just be required to have children, or just not be allowed to use birth control so they suffer the consequences of their behavior? Just how do you propose that birth rates increase?

Why do you see this as a problem:
But the massive number of immigrants they've invited in the past decade have a much higher birth rate which demographers have calculated will make the children of those immigrants the majority population in a couple of generations.

That is why I posed this question below, perhaps I misunderstood your motivation for that statement and my assumption that you were implying that it is what will also happen here. Though I would also say that the analysis I've seen of second generation immigrants is that their behavior closely mirrors that of the larger society they live in, so I wouldn't count on them keeping the same high birthrates as their parents.
Just what scares you about new "native borns", what generation American are you, that entitles you to close the door?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin