Thread: Not a racist
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Oh, Paul, she says she never did it to get ahead, I see...

In this piece (which is not a hit piece on her, it states that there's no proof she used her ancestry to get ahead), we learn that she listed herself in professional directories (commonly used to recruit) as a minority. She claims, that she listed herself that way, in hopes of "connecting with people like me". And if you believe that, I have a beautiful bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell at a reasonable price.

She listed herself as a minority, starting the year before she started working at UPenn, until after she started working at Harvard. But that timing is just a coincidence.

She also won an award at UPenn as a minority faculty member.

If you are not inclined to doubt anything any liberal ever says, you'll be fine with this. If you are inclined to believe that liberals cannot tell the truth, you'll be certain there was fraud. The truth is in the middle somewhere..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.db7a362ab225
The article gave 2 pinccohios to Romney. Also, you claimed that she claimed she was Native American when she applied for a job yet you have not shown 1 iota of proof she infact did that. Your trying to claim that the reason she listed herself in the directory so that can help get her a job yet when she actually applied for said jobs there is no proof she claimed she was a Native American.

From your article:

The Fact Checker expects accusers to satisfy the burden of proof for their charges. That was the case when Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney tried to avoid taxes with offshore accounts. We awarded four Pinocchios to Reid because the senator lacked conclusive evidence — or much evidence at all, for that matter. We’ve also knocked the Obama campaign repeatedly for jumping to unwarranted conclusions about Mitt Romney’s record at Bain Capital.

The outstanding questions about Warren’s directory listing — and her relying on family lore rather than official documentation to make an ethnic claim — certainly raise serious concerns about Warren’s judgment. But in the debate, the Republican incumbent conflated conjecture and sketchy information to make a claim not supported by the available evidence, and so he earns Two Pinocchios.

Last edited by PaulS; 01-15-2019 at 03:53 PM..