View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:14 AM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
chris wallace ( who spence cited as a trustworthy source) and Brett Baier reported it.
They reported Barr's version of his phone call with Mueller, neither was on that phone call

i do not think the report was unicorns and rainbows. but the report did not call for criminal charges, and Barrs letter said the same thing.

The report said they could not prosecute a sitting president: "Vol. II, Page 2: Second, while the O.L.C. opinion concludes that a sitting president may not be prosecuted, it recognizes that a criminal investigation during the president’s term is permissible. The O.L.C. opinion also recognizes that a president does not have immunity after he leaves office."
Because they could not indict a sitting president, they went on to say: "Given those considerations, the facts known to us, and the strong public interest in safeguarding the integrity of the criminal justice system, we conducted a thorough factual investigation in order to preserve the evidence when memories were fresh and documentary materials were available."

What do you think could happen after Trump leaves office and no longer has immunity? There is sufficient evidence in the report to charge him with obstruction, any other citizen would have already been indicted. Being mad about being investigated is not a viable defense, though it is apparently acceptable to his base.

i have zero trouble believing Trump was a hostile
baby within the investigation. That’s who he is.

Time to switch gears, not it’s the rights turn, let’s investigate whether the obama justice department was acting intentionally to get Hilary elected. let’s investigate that ( because there’s evidence of serious wrongdoing),, then move on.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What evidence of serious wrongdoing have you seen? Be specific

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin