View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 08:45 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbadad View Post
Great thread. Recently I have been redesigning a few of my builds to use 1 hook and counter acting the loss of the 2nd belly. I spoke at our clyb meeting with Dave Anderson on the worm weight idea. I have used split shot suspended on wire but like the worm weight. This makes existing designs les invasive. That 2nd hook is the damage hook to both us and fish. On the plastic swimmers I am experimenting with inline belly and tail hooks using an earth magnet in belly to hold hook. I have caught schoolies this season on modified mag darters but each hook up was on rear. Seems they hit the plug but miss hooking the front hook but upon hook set the rear inline hooks the fish. Evidence was on one fish the belly single was flipped around on penetrated into the plug back. I would assume larger fish will inhale these plugs and hook the front.
I will start a thread soon on plug forum to get builders ideas on building a 2 hook into a one hook lure and maintaining the action.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

There are two factors, one the weight, most known, second is the drag which is not significant - I used to wrap some solder to the middle belly hook for a little of both

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote