View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Where did you come up with "death camps"? Are you claiming AOC said that? or hallucinating with the TDS that you keep projecting onto others?

Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, has a more global definition.
“We have what I would call a concentration camp system,” Pitzer says, “and the definition of that in my book is, mass detention of civilians without trial.”
"What's required is a little bit of demystification of it," says Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia. "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."

i’m not excusing trumps behavior, i criticize it all the time. i just ask for a speck of consistency from the likes of you. But you are literally and explicitly saying that the standards of 2016 and prior, no longer apply. Your side changed the rules with Trump.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device