View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Where did you come up with "death camps"? Are you claiming AOC said that? or hallucinating with the TDS that you keep projecting onto others?

Andrea Pitzer, author of One Long Night: A Global History of Concentration Camps, has a more global definition.
“We have what I would call a concentration camp system,” Pitzer says, “and the definition of that in my book is, mass detention of civilians without trial.”
"What's required is a little bit of demystification of it," says Waitman Wade Beorn, a Holocaust and genocide studies historian and a lecturer at the University of Virginia. "Things can be concentration camps without being Dachau or Auschwitz. Concentration camps in general have always been designed—at the most basic level—to separate one group of people from another group. Usually, because the majority group, or the creators of the camp, deem the people they're putting in it to be dangerous or undesirable in some way."
he’s compared to Hitler all the time. Don Lemon did it last night, you can ask one of the 12 people
who were watching.

if your definition of a concentration camp is a place where people are held without trial, (1) that’s way outside what most people think of when they think of that term and you know it, and (2) even by that definition, it’s asinine to say that’s what we are setting up. these people are detained until
they have hearings, not indefinitely.

and again, keeping kids in cages during obama’s presidency, was never an issue. it only became immoral in january 2017. right?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device