View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You didn't answer my questions
Do you think that the distribution of wealth is not changing?
Do you think controlling capitol is inconsequential?
"Buy shoes or an appliance lately?"

Both, actually. So?

"And don't worry american manufacturers took this chance to raise their prices also, so buying American doesn't save you money."

If that's true, inflation would be increasing. You appear to be the first person to have discovered it. Either that, or you are desperately grasping at straws...

"Black unemployment is still double white unemployment, do you think he should get credit for letting them also benefit in the rising tide, since black unemployment has dropped continually since the beginning of the Obama presidency? "

In other words, Obama gets credit for decreasing black unemployment, but Trump doesn't. When black unemployment drops under Obama, that's great. When it drops under Trump, all that matters is the gap between white and black unemployment.

You cannot keep your goalposts still, for two consecutive seconds. All you're doing, is shifting the goalposts.

"Do you think that the distribution of wealth is not changing?"

I have said many times that it's changing, it's increasing. I can't answer any more directly than that, can I? Here are 2 follow-up questions...

(1) Why should I give a sh*t? As I said, if Oprah earns another billion this year, how does that hurt my family, of your family, or anyone else? Please be specific...

(2) how would you prevent it? Would you pass a law, saying that once your net worth reaches a certain amount, that you are no longer allowed to work or invest? How else could you stop it?

"Do you think controlling capitol is inconsequential?"

I don't think it's overly-consequential, not as long as we have the constitution and courts who follow it.