View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Just how much, now that you are an admitted communist, would you set education professionals compensation at?"

Here in CT, education compensation is at levels that are tens of billions of dollars more, than the highest taxes in the country, could ever fund. That is mathematical fact. And it suggests to me, that the spending is the problem.

So I'd set all public employee compensation at whatever can be funded by reasonable taxes. I'm sure that sounds bonkers to you.

"Thinking that professors salaries drives the cost of higher ed is incorrect, here is one retired dean's take on it."

I love it when you find one guy somewhere who writes something, and as long as it's liberal, that's good enough for you to give it 100% credibility.
We all get to vote for or run for the positions that control our taxes. Apparently the majority of the residents of Connecticut disagree with you. Quit whining, do something or move.

You find that viewpoint on higher ed liberal?
Just how would the conservative viewpoint differ from that?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin