View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 01:39 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete what did i say, that you could POSSIBLY interpret, as my inferring that teachers should work for free?

i was a public schoolteacher. i know how hard it is. but they are public servants, and they have no right to compensation that places an unfair tax burden on the shoulders of the public they claim to serve.

Here is a link to the Constitution, perhaps you can point out where it says they don't have some right.

https://constitutionus.com/

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I know a number of teachers who worked in the private sector, that have told me teaching is easier. They enjoyed their work. Math teachers seem to have it easiest, after a few years they just roll over testing and lesson plans from prior years. Then it's mostly the good part, working with students.

Teachers are public servants, not slaves and have the same rights as do all of us to the compensation they can negotiate. They don't negotiate for the public, nor should they. They organize as a group and elect someone to negotiate as do taxpayers.

Why did you stop teaching?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin