View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 09:50 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Nope. No connection. Invasion is a very good and useful word. When I have seen Trump use it, it was spot on. So, is there a certain number of times you can use the word "invasion" without becoming a racist?

How many times have you used the word? Bet you don't know.
In a speech, never.

Perhaps in a discussion about ticks.

I worry more about the attitudes that Trump promotes with his fear-mongering than any of the racist smokescreen.
Plenty more Trump invasion claims here:
https://factba.se/search#invad

and then you have his tweets

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents...
11:02 AM · Jun 24, 2018·
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Many Gang Members and some very bad people are mixed into the Caravan heading to our Southern Border. Please go back, you will not be admitted into the United States unless you go through the legal process. This is an invasion of our Country and our Military is waiting for you!
10:41 AM · Oct 29, 2018·Twitter for iPhone
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Mayor of Tijuana, Mexico, just stated that “the City is ill-prepared to handle this many migrants, the backlog could last 6 months.” Likewise, the U.S. is ill-prepared for this invasion, and will not stand for it. They are causing crime and big problems in Mexico. Go home!
1:42 PM · Nov 18, 2018·Twitter for iPhone
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Humanitarian Crisis at our Southern Border. I just got back and it is a far worse situation than almost anyone would understand, an invasion! I have been there numerous times - The Democrats, Cryin’ Chuck and Nancy don’t know how bad and dangerous it is for our ENTIRE COUNTRY....
11:04 AM · Jan 11, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
More troops being sent to the Southern Border to stop the attempted Invasion of Illegals, through large Caravans, into our Country. We have stopped the previous Caravans, and we will stop these also. With a Wall it would be soooo much easier and less expensive. Being Built!
9:52 AM · Jan 31, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Senate Republicans are not voting on constitutionality or precedent, they are voting on desperately needed Border Security & the Wall. Our Country is being invaded with Drugs, Human Traffickers, & Criminals of all shapes and sizes. That’s what this vote is all about. STAY UNITED!
12:54 PM · Mar 6, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
....and renovated, with MUCH MORE to follow shortly. Tens of thousands of illegals are being apprehended (captured) at the Border and NOT allowed into our Country. With another President, millions would be pouring in. I am stopping an invasion as the Wall gets built. #MAGA
5:13 PM · Mar 9, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
...travesty that is taking place in allowing millions of people to easily meander through their country and INVADE the U.S., not to mention the Drugs & Human Trafficking pouring in through Mexico. Are the Drug Lords, Cartels & Coyotes really running Mexico? We will soon find out!
4:37 PM · Jun 1, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
People have been saying for years that we should talk to Mexico. The problem is that Mexico is an “abuser” of the United States, taking but never giving. It has been this way for decades. Either they stop the invasion of our Country by Drug Dealers, Cartels, Human Traffickers....
7:44 AM · Jun 2, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

and his speech

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin