View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #156
Pete F.
Canceled

Let's be very clear here, if you truly despise Trump and only like him for his policies, you have a choice.
If you choose Trump over Walsh, the only rational explanation is that you’re voting for Trump’s character.
You can just acknowledge that character doesn't matter to you, sort of like fiscal responsibility, free trade and the Constitution and you can't look at another candidate.

Joe Walsh, similar policies on immigration, the border, Supreme Court, etc. but was born not hatched, will divest himself of his business and is not looking to become the royal family of the USA.

Can you can you walk me through how you arrived at your decision to run?

Because the guy’s a madman. The guy is completely unfit and unhinged. He lies every time he opens his mouth. When he got elected, Olivia, look: I voted for him. I didn’t love him. I didn’t like him. He wasn’t Hillary.

When he first got elected, I tried doing the good-Trump-bad-Trump thing every day. But that didn’t last that long, because I realized pretty quickly that he just lies all the time, and then he finally lost me at Helsinki, when he stood in front of the world and said, “I’m with Putin and not my own people.” From that moment on, a little over a year ago, it’s just been downhill.

I’m stunned and disappointed that a bigger Republican isn’t challenging him. I waited for months, and I thought somebody would get in. I wrote a piece in the New York Times three weeks ago, and that piece was a plea. I would tweet and say stuff on my radio show with every idiotic thing he did, Come on guys, somebody — and it just wasn’t happening, and some people came to me, and I started to look into it the last month or so.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...ing-trump.html

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin