View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yeah, I have a truth. I have many. In this regard, I have not fully expressed my truth. I have pushed back against much of what has been said that I disagree with. But I haven't spoken my whole truth.

And yeah, I will engage in the careful parsing of words to match or combat the same well crafted ones that are thrown against Trump. Because my truth is, we have arrived at a seminal point in the evolution of this country's political framework that the direction will either be reversed toward the founding principles or develop into a fully authoritarian state (a supposedly "benevolent" one) and then quickly subsumed into a global one.
If the Republican party are the cards you are playing, I am afraid that you will lose.

Your Trump is neither a libertarian, a conservative or a republican and could care less about anyone else. He consistently works for his own benefit. I also think he has too much power, presidential power has consistently grown for decades. The President is an administrator, not a King.

Perhaps with term limits the people could again gain control of Congress and control the administrative branch, but with a permanent political class (who Trump controls one side of) we have little hope.

I see a greater chance of the right moving to a fully authoritarian state (not a benevolent one) than the left.

case in point

The left may try and take your money and waste some but the right will take your soul and make it so others can slowly bleed all you have while you thank them for the opportunity.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin