View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there can’t possibly be a legitimate reason for
an american president to meet with a Russian foreign minister.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Appearances are everything in diplomacy, who you take a meeting with counts.

It is readily apparent which side Putin's Puppet is on.

French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel took part in the negotiations, but all eyes were on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Russian President Vladimir Putin, who represent opposing sides in a five-year war that has claimed the lives of around 13,000 people.
Quote:
appearances are everything? but nothing to see when Bill Clinton met privately with Loretta Lynch just before the DOJ cleared Hilary.

What you mean to say, is that appearances matter when it helps you criticize republicans.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Well that's as close as you can get to: But Hillary without saying it..........

How is that meeting in any way comparable to an Oval Office meeting with the head diplomat of the adversary of a nation that the USA is supporting?

You consistently conflate domestic issues or policy with foreign.

They are significantly different............
Quote:
Can just one of you explain why it's not a valid argument to point out a glaring double standard or hypocrisy? Why isn't it not only valid but a compelling argument, for me to say you shouldn't criticize Trump for things you ignored when liberals did it?

When all you can counter with is "but Obama", or "but Hilary", that seems to be proving my point. You're admitting that the only thing different now, is that Trump is now doing these things, and that the standards for what's acceptable have changed.

Did the rules for what's acceptable change in January 2017, yes or no?
The rules that Floridaman operates under are certainly different than any preceeding president.

On the basis of your argument, Floridaman should be impeached and you should support it.

What did Bill Clinton say to Loretta Lynch?
Do you know?
But yet you would draw and quarter both of them for what you surmise.

You ignore that Hillary Clinton cooperated with the investigation, was interviewed under oath, furnished many documents (and nobody was indicted) as compared to Floridaman stonewalling with zero testimony, zero cooperation, zero documents and at least 7 indictments.

Meanwhile in Floridaman's White House top aides run around communicating with foreign leaders on Whatsapp, having solitary meetings with them and using private email servers. His "private" attorney runs around m#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g in foreign governments trying to dig up or fabricate dirt on his opponents or to disprove that Russia interfered with the 2016 elections.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin