View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 01:23 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
To start you and Trumplican media misquoted him and only quoted the words that pushed your narrative.

"Does anybody think you're going to be able to stay in the middle class in the 20s and 30s of the 21st century without better education? Now brawn is no longer the measure. I come from a family, an area where there is coal mining, in Scranton. Anybody who can go down 300-3000 feet in a mine sure enough can learn how to program as well. But we don't think of it that way."

Odd that you allow your hero, Floridaman, all sorts of misstatements but seize on words that could have been better chosen by others, Covfefe?

Or are you saying that coal miners are too stupid and deplorable?

If you haven't figured it out yet coal mining is over. It isn't coming back.
where did i misquote? i quoted a different section of his speech.

But let’s stick with what you quoted. By what asinine logic, could
anyone believe that if you can descend 300 feet into a mine, THAT means you can learn to write code? Anyone who has ever been in an elevator that goes down, can make a living writing computer code? How can anyone say something that stupid out loud? And you reddens it, because a democrat said it. If Trump said it, you’d have posted a 10,000 word essay written by one of the Young Turks.

Trump has broken your brains.

Some coal miners might be brilliant at writing code. But no one can predict that, based on the fact that they go down an elevator shaft into a mine. That act, says nothing about one’s ability to write code.

Pete, if i applied for 1,000 jobs writing code, during how many interviews, would
my prospective employer say “I don’t care about your experience writing code. What we really need to know is, can you go down 300 feet and dig coal?”

How many times would
that question come up? If you’re
answer isn’t “never”, you’re batsh*t crazy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device