View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I can promise you that it is not good for most american workers in durable goods, construction, manufacturing and retail based on history.
I had and saw plenty of construction projects mothballed and then never done in the past bear markets and big drops. You'll always remember thinking you had plenty of work and then a couple of calls later it's time to scramble.
The stock market is not the economy but should reflect it, it hasn't lately, grew irrationally and everyone piled on as they always do at the end of a bull market.
Unfortunately the virus is only the trigger and now the market gets to come back to reality and usually goes a little past. The trick is figuring out where and when that will be and having enough to take advantage. Few people do.

There is a bright side
In 1665, the University of Cambridge temporarily closed due to the bubonic plague. Isaac Newton had to work from home, and he used this time to develop calculus and the theory of gravity.
if you’re upset at the notion of walking away when we bled so much there (and a case can be made for this), can we assume you were similarly upset when obama
pulled out of Iraq? Or does it only bother you when Trump dies it?

This market drop is because of the virus. everyone agrees we were overdue for a correction, but we wouldn’t be where we are. ow if not for the virus. it’s been the longest bull run in history.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device