View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 10:30 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Why call it a foreign virus other than to try to blame it on China? What difference does it make?

I can't recall any other Pres. repeating that.

If a question is asked where the virus started, then saying China is ok.
we can sometimes learn from facts. admitting it started in China, might prevent scientists from poking around the everglades looking for the cause. assuming that developing vaccines and preventing this from happening again requires some knowledge of what actually happened, then facts are often useful. even when Trump states them. it’s also worth knowing if China blew the way they handled it initially. We are very dependent on them for basic antibiotics and medical equipment, and facts might lead us to conclude that policy changes might be in order. Facts help you acquire knowledge, which helps make public policy decisions.

i don’t see why it matters that you have t seen any former presidents say it started in china. trump is the current president.

without knowing it started there, makes it easier to call him a bigot for banning travel from there, so i guess that’s why liberals don’t like to say facts out loud.

China is at best our fiercest global
competitor, at worst an enemy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device