Thread: This Market...
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thats my point the seagulls will swoop in on the foreclosures of the little guy who would have been saved if his mortgage payments and interest and penalties were waved , till this was over , but he got was a 1000 bucks
i suspect, though don’t know for sure, that banks will be willing to give people who are severely impacted by this, a few months. banks don’t foreclose when you miss a payment or two, if there’s any reasonable chance you’ll get back in your feet, it’s better and cheaper for the banks to work with you. Id bet a lot that we don’t see foreclosures like we did in 2008. Giving everyone a little money does help the bartenders in the end, not because their 1,000 saves them, but because it increases the chance that things recover quicker.

there’s also a lot more to the aid than 1,000 checks to individuals. All kinds of loans and grants to small business. that will also help. minimizing unemployment is a high priority here, and helping businesses with a short term cash crunch, will keep unemployment down.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device