View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #141
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump* didn’t cause this, he squandered our only advantage, time to prepare.

Odd that South Korea achieved such different results with first case on same day and a population density 13x USA.

USA 41656
SK 8961

Apparently they had secret information or perhaps they acted swiftly and logically.

Don’t worry there’s another Trump* rally this afternoon
I didn't say Trump started it, I was responding to you questioning the justification of the White House communications plan.

I don't know the SK total situation. Perhaps its more uniform political allegiances and its ability to respond with less friction in such a case than ours, which is geared more for opposition rather than agreement and cooperation, may have helped. The ethnic, racial, cultural, and social homogeneity as well as the political structure which probably doesn't have the voluminous regulatory burden, as well as a much smaller land mass with population packed within its smaller space, no doubt creates a mix that can more swiftly mobilize a regime of treatment.

You might also consider it "odd" that Italy and Iran which also have much smaller land masses with denser population than we, are doing horribly worse. It is posited that the main reason is the huge number of Chinese located in them who travel back and forth to China as a result of their participating in China's Belt and Road Initiative. They did not have a Chinese travel ban.

And, in spite of your characterization of Trump making devastating decisions, he administers a program created by his expert advisers. He did not draw up the plans all on his stable genius lonesome.