View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #220
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambo View Post
My wife is an ER nurse for the past 42 yrs and is on the front lines in this pandemic. At this time she is in the lower level of our home on a tele conference getting updated.The staff does not make stocking decisions. Most business since the 80's have not carried the stock they used to carry.
What should be alarming to all is the number of disaster drills that have happened since 911 and no one in charge thought we would need to stockpile medical protective gear,or get gear that could be cleaned and reused.I worked in the ER 45 yrs ago and we used to autoclave(steam) many instruments we would reuse. We have come to rely on other countries to make the things we need. Corporations have moved production overseas to lower costs and what do we make here now?
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
My wife is chief nurse practitioner at large medical facility. She oversees 500-600 nurse practitioners and physicians assistants. Most primary care and outpatient facility but she in walk in urgent care which is usually busier than the er. They just furloughed all nps and pas. So sucks for us financially as she the earner but I am kinda glad as one less stress factor in our lives as reduces her exposure chances and chance of her brining it home to us.
They had someone come in the other day that was sent for testing. Angers me why these idiots would even consider letting someone with symptoms in their building as they are not equipped to deal with it in the first place. We are still holding our breath on test results.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Damn. Sorry dude. But all elective stuff is shut down.

Guy in my office, his grandfather has C19. Doing OK at the moment.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote