Thread: Word salad
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 07:33 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I guess this thread is about spoken words that make no sense in the real world like the following from our fearless leader. Early in January he responded to a question stating "No. Not at all. We have it totally under control. It's going to be just fine." Later in January when pressed he said "it will all work out well" and then retweeted a false theory " Johnson & Johnson to create coronavirus vaccine". Towards the end of the month it's this gem "We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment five and these people are all recuperating successfully". So with all the warnings and no action to this point Trump finally closed travel from China, but remember others coming in from other parts of the world had already started the spread.

Perfect interview with two idiots, in response to Hannity asking how concerned Trump was he says "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China." Feb tests started to go out but had issues, so the country is already behind the 8-ball, yet we refuse the WHO tests offered. Feb 10th to governers "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it MIRACULOUSLY goes away" A week later "We had 12 at one point and now they've gotten very much better. Very much under control."

Trump being Trump then blames the media for "panicking markets" and at S. Carolina rally states "the Democrat policy of open boarders brought the virus into the country". Next week the blame goes to the Obama administration. Late Feb he states "We're going down not up. We're going very substantially down, not up". The pearl is hard to pick out of so many but I like "It's going to disappear one day it's like a miracle it will disappear". Towards the end of Fed it's another good one based on the facts in Trumps head "Vaccine will be coming very quickly, very rapidly".

March madness continues "We're talking about a much smaller range of deaths compared to the flu, it's very mild". Hannity pulls this from him "I'm not concerned at all" on the 7th and a few days later "It will go away, just stay calm, it will go away". That later one on its one might have been somewhat reassuring but the history tells the story, that was directed at the market more than America.

Need I go on?

So who's got more dribble coming out of their mouths?