View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 12:53 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
March 13th?
you believe that?

Why would he restrict travel as early as January 31st?

As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S.

At a House subcommittee hearing on the coronavirus on Feb. 5, Ron Klain, White House Ebola response coordinator under the Obama administration, took issue with the characterization of the travel restrictions as a travel “ban.”

“We don’t have a travel ban,” Klain said. “We have a travel Band-Aid right now. First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn.”

“There’s no restriction on Americans going back and forth,” Klain said. “There are warnings. People should abide by those warnings. But today, 30 planes will land in Los Angeles that either originated in Beijing or came here on one-stops, 30 in San Francisco, 25 in New York City. Okay? So, unless we think that the color of the passport someone carries is a meaningful public health restriction, we have not placed a meaningful public health restriction.”

Indeed, on Jan. 24, a week before the travel restrictions, the CDC confirmed two cases of the novel coronavirus in the U.S. from people who had returned from Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began

as usual, paint the picture how you see fit to degrade the guy
wasn't he also defending himself thru this by far left Dems like yourself?

I think everyone should work together but life is hard and I see the left as always wanting to take the easy road in their problem solving areas of governing. It's that simple why when it comes to certain policy that people side one way or the other.

The country set up monopolies shipping manufacturing and control overseas long ago, we could have kept some here.

Pretty sure we will get thru this Pete, be positive. There will be plenty of blame to go around. Be smart and be safe.
Defending himself from what?

On January 22, Trump claimed that the virus was “one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

On February 2, he told Sean Hannity: “We pretty much shut it down…”

On February 5, he was acquitted by the Senate.

On February 9, he suggested that warm weather in April would “kill the virus.”

On February 26, faced with statements by public health officials that the virus was spreading, he assured Americans that “We’re going very substantially down, not up… We could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time.”

On February 27, he predicted: “It’s going to disappear. One day—it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

On February 28 he added, “So far we have lost nobody to coronavirus.”

And why would we? On that same day he informed people at one of his campaign rallies that the virus was the Democrats’ “new hoax”—merely a cynical sequel to impeachment and the Mueller investigation.

Besides, he said on March 3, our “great companies” were “going to have vaccines, I think, relatively soon.” This baseless prognosis was amended by Dr. Anthony Fauci : “ “relatively”, it transpires, actually means “a year to a year and a half.”

As the virus kept extending its fatal reach, so did Trump – resorting to yet more disinformation, manipulation, and demonstrable lies.

Faced with the World Health Organization’s prediction of a 3.4 percent death rate, on March 4, Trump told Sean Hannity “I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number… I would say the number is way under 1 percent.”

Besides, he assured the country on March 6, “anybody that needs a test can have a test.” This particular fabrication was so blatant that his own HHS secretary was forced to retract it.

On March 7, Trump said breezily “I’m not concerned at all,” that the virus might be getting closer to the White House, adding: “We’ve done a great job.” A day later, his new chief-of-staff self-quarantined.

Bobbing and weaving, on March 13 he falsely claimed that Google was developing a website “to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location ” -which, apparently, was conveniently located in his own head.

On March 15, Trump belatedly allowed at a press briefing: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something we have tremendous control of.” Yet again the commendable Dr. Fauci felt compelled to refute him – this time in Trump’s presence – by saying, “The worst is, yes, ahead for us.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin