View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #68
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Why are you too chicken Who is chicken - why do you constantly resort to angry insults?to answer my question? Why did he use the phrase "is there a way..."? What do you really, truly think he meant?I think he truly meant what everyone thought he said. That is why Lysol had to come out with a statement telling people what not to do and why he had to try to walk it back by lying and saying it was sarcastic.

You're correct he is an awful speaker. Let us guess...if Biden wins, then PRESTO! Being a good speaker will no longer be important to you.You mean after the hypocrisy demonstrated here trying to justify what Trump said?

Trump should OBVIOUSLY let the experts speak to their expertise, and he should stick to summarizing results and policy. It's totally fair to criticize him for the idiotic and bratty way he inserts himself into these briefings. It's totally unfair, to say he was suggesting we should inject disinfectants. He was asking if there might be a way we could use it safely, and he was clearly asking a doctor. He wasn't making any suggestions that anyone do it. But you guys are physically incapable of resisting the impulse to act as if he said something not even close to what he actually said.

If there's a product, any product, which kills this virus on contact, why the hell wouldn't you ask a doctor if it's in any way possible to use that safely to help people who are dying? Why the hell wouldn't you ask if it's possible?

Asking if it could be possible, isn't anywhere near the same, as saying it works.

Try. Making. That. Wrong.
The other guy said
"We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids and I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes. Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing. Just bring it on and leaving it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster"

And the Trump says "....And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside (vs what injection outside?)or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me"

So do you think any adult would ask after the subject is bleach and alcohol if there is a way to do "injection inside"? No, one would with an ounce of common sense would have said it the way he did and no one would have ever made that statement with a national (world wide?) audience. And you keep trying to spin it away.

TRY. MAKING. THAT. WRONG. (see I used capitals!)