View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Now, since MANY here overlook Trumps accomplishments. Jims fantasy statement..

Jim i am voting for biden for the same reasons you voted for Trump..
Integrity competence character were not your reasons for voting for trump .. you didnt want Hillary to win... Biden could say and do much more and would still vote for Biden against Trump

Id vote for anyone with a pluse against Trump even Pence
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Jim i am voting for biden for the same reasons you voted for Trump..
Integrity competence character were not your reasons for voting for trump .. you didnt want Hillary to win"

EXACTLY!!! Exactly, exactly, exactly!!!

Like me, you recognize your candidate's moral lapses. Like me, you aren't endorsing your candidate's moral decisions, you are voting for him because you like his policies, and because you don't want the other person to win. That's what you just said.

Your reasons for voting for Biden, are identical to my reasons voting for Trump. You admitted that Biden's moral compass has nothing to do with why you are voting for him.

Here's the next logical conclusion that you can't quite get to:

If Biden's character isn't an issue, then neither is Trumps. So let's talk about the effect of policy, because that's what matters to both you and me. But the LAST thing liberals want to talk about, is the honest effect of Trumps policies. Because his policies have been beneficial. So they obsess over his moral character, which you yourself just said isn't a factor in voting. So let's drop it!