View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Why do you think that America should be the follower and not the leader?
Do you think our position in the economy of the world is somehow promised?
That it is our due?

That no matter what we will have the most vibrant economy and the currency that is the world standard?

So did the British Empire.
"Why do you think that America should be the follower and not the leader?"

When did I say that, or even imply it? I didn't say we 'should be' following. I said it's no big deal, if someone gets there first. It's a vaccine, I care that it gets discovered quickly, more than I care who discovers it. Go ahead and make that wrong.

"Do you think our position in the economy of the world is somehow promised?'

Again, what voices are you hearing? When did I say anything like that? Our position isn't "promised", but our position has been earned, and it's relatively safe for now. China is the biggest global threat, but I think they shot themselves in the foot here, and they have major, major demographic obstacles on the horizon as there aren't enough young kids to fill the jobs of retiring seniors, not even close..

"That no matter what we will have the most vibrant economy and the currency that is the world standard?'

Not "no mater what". Rather, as long as we don't embrace the likes of you in the White House or in the legislature for long. If we elect people who handle the economy like this guy, we're going to continue to kick but.

"So did the British Empire"

Some historians would say that the British empire, and modern day America, are different.