View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #330
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Silly boy, the same people who screamed about Obama doing EOs
Welcome Tweety’s overreach, much like deficits and the usual Republican economic collapse
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Whatever the "same" people screamed about Obama doing EOs is irrelevant to me. If you're talking to me, forget about the "same" people. My objection to EOs is not their existence or mere use of. It is their unconstitutional use of. And it is of that unconstitutional use that Progressives created a massive precedent. To "scream" now that Trump is doing what Progressives have basically institutionalized smacks of selective criticism, especially hypocritical if your not concerned with Progressives gaining control of the federal government.

Trump is not the problem in that respect. Progressivism is. And any little move, even by electing Republicans instead of Democrats, to help put some brakes on the Progressive march to unlimited power, would seem to be a welcome one to you if you truly oppose unconstitutional use of EOs along with the rest of the Progressive abuse of the Constitution.

Any unconstitutional move by Trump can be opposed by suing it in the Courts. If it makes its way to the Supreme, then the four dyed in the wool Progressives along with Roberts and most of the original constitutionalist Judges if not all will strike it down. If the court is packed with Progressive picks, it will uphold unconstitutional acts by Progressive legislators and Progressive Presidents.

That is the issue, not Trump or Biden.