View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 07:40 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't remember him saying that he wanted to decrease the testing. I remember him saying jokingly that he told his people to slow down the testing because they were doing so much that it created larger numbers of cases. I also remember him being proud of the most testing in the world. I also remember that he did not actually tell anybody to do less testing. That nobody could find evidence or acknowledgement that he told anybody to do less testing. And that his sarcasm was exactly to call attention to the amount of testing being done, attention he didn't think, rightly, that he was being given credit for.
As usual there is video

Claiming that you have done the "most" testing in the world is playing with numbers. Testing percentage based on population was lower than many other countries at that time. Since then we have gotten better at testing but if recent reports are true it seems we are now going, once again, in the wrong direction for political reasons.
https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin