View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
So your ok with all the tax payer money for so much golf, provided the Trump family isn’t making too much, I personally would prefer he spend more time doing his job. Actually watching the piss poor job he is doing, maybe I’d rather see him tee one up instead.
Are you assuming that there would not be a host of other Secret Service costs for the time Trump played golf if he had not played golf? Secret Service is 24/7 no matter what the President does. AF1 expenses for non golf cost just as much. I don't know what the excess his golf costs above normal 24/7 presidential expenses are. I'm guessing that whatever Trump would have done if he had played only as much golf as Obama, it still would have cost the government a lot of money for traveling, living, and Secret Service expenses.

He spends plenty of time doing his job. I don't think there is some tabulation that shows he spends less time doing his job than most. Apparently, he doesn't sleep much. And he's not doing a poor job. He has done a lot of what Republicans have professed needs to be done but somehow have been incapable of doing, in spite of opposition from both parties.

And I'm not OK with most of the way government spends tax payer dollars. I'm not OK with the direction our system of government has been evolving. I am less than not OK with the people of this nation being dumbed down to the notion that Progressive politics is the answer for what ails us. I prefer to argue about that rather than whether Trump plays too much golf.

But you won't.