View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:31 PM   #115
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When you're more offended by a ball player taking a knee during the national anthem than by the Commander in Chief calling soldiers "losers" and "suckers" it's time for some serious reflection on your values.
Personally, if you're speaking to or about me, I take no offense at the kneeling. The tradition of respect is to stand. But if you prefer to kneel, I don't care.

And rather than disparaging politicians for displaying flags when they speak, I think that the display is more respectful than burning the flag or protesting you're grievances during its anthem.

But I take no offense by it. It's not about me. I don't feel personally insulted. Even if it were supposed to be an insult directed at me, I rarely, very rarely, feel insulted. It's a useless emotion that leads to unnecessary animosity. Except for a very few people, I don't emotionally concern myself with what anybody thinks about me. If it's important enough, I may talk it out. Then let it go.

What upsets me is not the kneeling, but the destructive results, physical, psychological, philosophical, legal, and constitutional, created by the agenda that drives the kneeling.

I don't actually know that Trump called soldiers (all soldiers) "losers" or "suckers." Nor the total context in which he was supposed to have said it. I know that he has reportedly been accused of that. By unnamed sources. The "reported, accused, unnamed" makes that all very iffy. And its been denied and refuted by several named, on the record, people.