View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Now tell us how a catholic resolves executions, racism and refugees with the Pope's statements and with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Hypocrite

"Now tell us how a catholic resolves executions"

Simple. First, killing a convicted murderer isn't the moral equivalent of killing an unborn baby. Second, Catholics are encouraged to be opposed to the death penalty, but it's not a binding belief like opposing abortion is. I'm opposed to the death penalty. The Catholic catechism doesn't advocate for executions.

Please stop, you've got me on the ropes, show mercy!

"racism"

Easy. We're opposed to racism. While the GOP certainly ain't perfect on this or any issue, I'll take our policies over liberalism any day. At the SOTU, which side celebrated lowest ever black unemployment, which side was miserable about it? How about you reconcile that?

"refugees"

Also easy. The GOP is fine with granting actual asylum. We don't like open borders, or shortsighted and stupid policies which encourage destructive behavior.

Notice how I answered every question. I'll give you a third chance to do the same.

What do you think of the fact that the Democrat party still reveres Bill Clinton? How is their willingness to ignore his many moral lapses, different from what you accuse Trumplicans of doing?

I answered your questions. Can you show me the same courtesy?