View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the officers did not execute a no-knock warrant. even i thought they did, because everyone was saying it.
Everyone was saying it because a no knock warrant is what was initially issued. After it was determined Breonna Taylor had no criminal history they were advised to knock. I don't think this was public info until this week. Even though, a pounding on the door before bursting through doesn't make much of a difference. You likely don't have time to realize what's going on. I had a home invasion once, it was a blur.

Quote:
according to what the cops said, and corroborated by people
living in the apartment building, the cops yelled “police” first, then knocked.
Not people, a single person said they heard the cops say police. Several others nearby said they only heard the knock.

Quote:
upon entering, taylor’s boyfriend ( a drug dealer for whom the warrant was granted) shot one of the cops. he admits he fired first.
Her boyfriend at the time was not a drug dealer and was not on the warrant. Breonna Taylor was on the warrant because the police were suspicious she was handling drugs for a former boyfriend who is a drug dealer. This claim was investigated by the Postal Inspector before the search and found to be untrue. The police moved forward anyway.

Quote:
almost everything i heard about this case in the media was a lie. a politically convenient lie.
That's because you don't take the time to read basic and readily available reporting.

Also note there are claims that the police tried to cover up their actions by trying to get the actual drug dealer to lie and say Breonna Taylor was involved in a crime syndicate.

It does seem a little crazy that the only charges filed had nothing to do with Breonna Taylor's death but around the shots fired into an adjacent apartment. Had George Floyd not happened this whole event would have just been swept under the rug.