View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #180
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There was no need to quote what you already quoted. I didn't consider it relevant to respond to a summary of who the Proud Boys are. I responded to your characterization of what Trump said. He did not tell them to prepare for violence. I explained why he referred to the Proud Boys and why he used the phrase stand back and stand by. The definition of Stand-by is: readiness for duty or immediate deployment, a person or thing ready to be deployed immediately, especially if needed as backup in an emergency. And Trump explained what he meant by that phrase when asked by a reporter. But you will have none of that. You will press for your interpretation, as if you know what Trump meant better than Trump knowing what he meant. And, of course, your interpretations of Trumps words always put him in the evil light you prefer and which will fit your orange man bad narrative.

As for your insistence that he has not condemned white supremacists, you fail to respond to all the instances I posted of him doing that many times. You demonstrate a blind bigotry similar to the bigotry you ascribe to Trump. You keep repeating obvious lies in order to maintain the validity of your false narrative.

Respond to post #175 of this thread if you want show us at least a semblance of honesty.
So you'll claim that it’s actually Democrats and the left who incite racism by… bringing up racism.
It’s clever rhetoric — by claiming that progressives see everything as racist, then nothing ever can be. The truth is far more clear-cut.

Trump says Mexicans are rapists, that white supremacists are “very fine people,” and that Muslims don’t belong in America. He believes protesters should be roughed up, that majority-Black neighborhoods are dangerous, and that the exonerated Central Park Five are guilty.
The president doesn’t need to yell a racial slur for us to know he’s a racist — his dog whistles relay the same message while giving himself and his supporters plausible deniability and a semblance of honesty.

#175 is the post I quoted

Here's a little more Proud Boy info for you
Only hours after President Donald Trump gave a debate-stage nod to the extremist group the Proud Boys he’s now claiming he doesn’t know who they are.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are. You’ll have to give me a definition because I really don’t know who they are,” Trump told reporters on Wednesday.

One could assume that nobody in the White House discussed this among other things re the debate with him since the event, if you are really obtuse.

However even if you accept that nobody in his political sphere said anything about his comment on the Proud Boys, his connection to his old friend, political operative Roger Stone, suggests otherwise.

Stone has long been a supporter of the violent group which describes itself as “Western chauvinists” and “anti-white guilt.”

The ADL reports that Stone has invited the groups leaders into his home, used them as private security at his events, accepted their support during his trial under the Mueller investigation and even allowed the group to share a video of him reciting their initiation mantra. “Hi, I’m Roger Stone. I’m a Western chauvinist, and I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world,” he said into the camera in a now-deleted YouTube video.

Earlier this summer, shortly before Trump commuted Stone’s prison sentence, Stone was kicked off Facebook as part of the social media giant’s investigation into the Proud Boys’ online activities. They found dozens of fictitious accounts linked to Stone which would post and comment on Proud Boys material to make it seem more popular than it is.

In addition, just last week the Honolulu Civil beat reported that Stone has endorsed Nick Ochs, founder of the Proud Boys’ Hawaii chapter, as a Republican candidate for Hawaii’s state legislature.

Stone is a close friend of the Proud Boys’ current leader Enrique Tarrio, who replaced the group’s founder Gavin McInnes. At a 2019 Trump rally in Miami, Tarrio had a high-profile seat directly behind the president where he wore a T-shirt which read “Roger Stone did nothing wrong.”
Enrique Tarrios is also head of the Florida chapter of Latinos for Trump, now given his current push in Florida with the Latin community, I would not be surprised to find that they have spoken.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin