View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
Rockfish9

Postal service..or lack there if!

I'll start by saying, I've never had a beef,with them and quite frankly wondered how they did what they did for IMHO, short money.
Now, the rest of the story
Last month, I replaced my garbage disposal, the big orange store would take exact change or credit card, so I dusted off THEIR C.C. and paid with it, when the bill arrived did what I always do with all my Bill's, sitvdown at the table and wrote the check, i mailed it the next morning..it took the USPS 3 weeks to deliver it, prompting a late charge( and a rant for another day)..OK things happen.
Earlier this month, while swapping the short block on my boat, I needed to replace the bleed system internal check valves as I was unable to reuse the old ones, I ordered new ones from Boats.net,and they sent them out that day via UPS,they made it from Georgia to Connecticut in 2 days where they were transferred to the USPS for final delivery,from there, they ( our wonderful government agency)sent them to Louisiana, transferred them to 2 different locations in that state before sending them to Tennessee, from Tennessee, they finally made it to Springfield Mass,then transferred them to Wocester from Wocester, they went to North Reading, 3 miles from my house, then they transferred them to Woburn, 11 miles away, before finally delivering them to my house in Reading 8 miles from the Woburn office..how on earth can they stay in business..on a happy note, I now have my boat parts and they are not lost or damaged.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote