Thread: Disaster
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #196
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
By the way, to all the Biden apologists who claim there was no way to kno wwhat was going to happen...

Reuters just released the transcript of a call President Biden had on July 23 with Afghani president Ghani (the guy we hand-picked, who fled the country without telling anyone he was leaving)...in that call Biden said "the perception...is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban, and there is a need... to project a different picture"

Now, that necessarily means that President Biden had knowledge 5 weeks ago, that things were deteriorating. And still, we had no contingency plan, our only hope was an orderly mass exodus from a civilian airport, we had no backup plan in the event that went south.

5 weeks...we had 5 weeks notice.

And AFTER that call, Biden repeatedly told the nation that everything was OK, that there was no reason to believe our withdrawal wouldn't go as planned.

Now, if I claimed that Biden misled us, how would i be wrong, exactly?

That call happened. Read the transcript.

IT'S ALL TRUMPS FAULT!!
In all your post and most talking heads love to leave out the elephant in the room

The Afghan Army 20yr trained and equipped 300 thousand of them just said F it .

And now Americans are seeing all that equipment on Parade many thinking we left it behind

So let’s talk about honesty

If you want to be honest , start the conversation there. Because that’s when the withdrawal turned into an evacuation.

And instead of having 1 location surrounded by the Taliban you would have had multiple areas surrounded by the Taliban..

And the need to re supply and evac with already limited resources in aircraft and more boots on the ground equal greater risks ..

But iam still waiting for an answer to my questions how much additional blood aka troops are those complaining about the 100 or so Americans left in Afghanistan willing to loose to get them out.

And it’s funny Republicans suddenly are just calling them Americans

But if they saw them on the street they Would be labeled something else Terrorist !
Funny how that works
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device