Thread: Crickets
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #75
wdmso

Tom Cotton GENERAL MILLEY, I CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THAT YOUR ADVICE ABOUT STAYING IN AFGHANISTAN WAS REJECTED. I’M SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT YOUR ADVICE WASN’T SOUGHT UNTIL AUGUST 25 ON STAYING PAST THE AUGUST 31 DEADLINE. I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU’RE THE PRINCIPAL MILITARY ADVISER; THAT YOU ADVISE, YOU DON’T DECIDE. THE PRESIDENT DECIDES. BUT IF ALL THIS IS TRUE, GENERAL MILLEY, WHY HAVEN’T YOU RESIGNED?’

Gen

AS A SENIOR MILITARY OFFICER, RESIGNING IS A REALLY SERIOUS THING. IT’S A POLITICAL ACT, IF I’M RESIGNING IN PROTEST. MY JOB IS TO PROVIDE ADVICE. MY STATUTORY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE, OR BEST MILITARY ADVICE, TO THE PRESIDENT… THE PRESIDENT DOESN’T HAVE TO AGREE WITH THAT ADVICE. HE DOESN’T HAVE TO MAKE THOSE DECISIONS JUST BECAUSE WE’RE GENERALS, AND IT WOULD BE AN INCREDIBLE ACT OF POLITICAL DEFIANCE FOR A COMMISSIONED OFFICER TO JUST RESIGN BECAUSE MY ADVICE IS NOT TAKEN. THIS COUNTRY DOESN’T WANT GENERALS FIGURING OUT WHAT ORDERS WE ARE GOING TO ACCEPT AND DO OR NOT. THAT’S NOT OUR JOB. THE PRINCIPLE OF CIVILIAN CONTROL OF THE MILITARY IS ABSOLUTE — IT’S CRITICAL TO THIS REPUBLIC.’

And In addition to that, just from a personal standpoint, my dad didn't get a choice to resign at Iwo Jima,"

"And those kids there at Abbey Gate, they don't get a choice to resign, and I'm not going to turn my back on them," Milley said in "I'm not gonna resign– they can't resign, so I'm not going to resign, there's no way."

He added, "if the orders are illegal, we're in a different place, but if the orders are legal, from civilian authority, I intend to carry them out."

It’s seems Tom Cotton a former Captain thinks ones personal feeling should come before ones Duty..

Yet he condemned Jan 6th no quarter for insurrectionists. Those who attacked the Capitol today should face the full extent of federal law.

But blocked the Jan6th commission? And he questioned Milley principles ? Does he own any mirrors?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device