View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:06 AM   #189
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

that was far beyond a poor decision but keep up the defense

I'm not defending him....I said he made a very poor decision, I believe he is in jail now sentenced to 22 years for murder which is what happens when you make very poor decisions, you can also end up dead when you make very poor decisions....you seem to think he had some ulterior motivation....there were a lot of poor decisions that led up to the results of that day....

WHAT DO ATTORNEYS SAY?

Chauvin attorney Eric Nelson, in a pretrial filing, said Chauvin followed policy and “did exactly as he was trained to do.” The filing included a photo in department training materials of a trainer with a knee on the neck of an instructor playing a suspect.

Prosecutors have already put supervisory officers on the stand to testify that, even if Chauvin pinning Floyd with his knee fell within policy, doing so for 9 minutes, 29 seconds did not.

AFTER THE FACT Minneapolis agreed Friday to ban chokeholds and neck restraints by police and to require officers to try to stop any other officers they see using improper force, in the first concrete steps to remake the city’s police force since George Floyd’s death.