View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 07:44 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Good God, Jim. My hope is when you are old and wiser, you will be able to look back and recognize how dangerous this man is....
I think Trump, on balance, is an awful human being. Awful.

But a record-number of Americans polled in 2020, said they were better off after 4 years of his presidency. Never before had that many Americans said they were better off after 4 years of a president (Gallup does this poll every 4 years). Which is why I say that even though he's personally bad, the policies he advocated for, are things that Americans liked.

I would not want to live in a country where Trump was a dictator, for sure. Then he'd potentially be dangerous. In our country, with the checks and balances, he's not really metaphysically dangerous.

I don't recall Trump's justice department flagging people as domestic terrorists who express opinions at Board of Ed meetings. Bidens DOJ is doing that. That’s not dangerous?

I don't recall Trumps IRS being used as a club against people who disagree with his politics. Obama's IRS did that. That’s not dangerous?

I'll judge Trump, like I do everyone, based on everything they do. I don't ignore the good (if the potus is in the other party) or the bad (if the potus is in my party).

Nightfighter, was it a good thing Trump did, when he donated his jet (when the airlines refused to do so) to fly that kid across country?

Was that a kind act, yes or no?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-21-2021 at 08:02 AM..