View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 11:30 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is pretty sloppy for Maher. The stat he calls out was about unvaccinated people, not people in general.

If you read the actual survey it also mentions things like ...

And comparing Cuomo to DeSantis is just stupid. NY's first spike in senior deaths came at a time when we didn't understand much about Covid and didn't have a vaccine. Florida has been one of the worst states in the nation, July through September leading every state by far for deaths 65+
"Florida has been one of the worst states in the nation, July through September leading every state by far for deaths 65+"

And we can only wonder why you excluded October? Could it be because Floridas numbers are getting better, now that the weather has cooled and people can spend time outside again?

"And comparing Cuomo to DeSantis is just stupid."

Hey, you got one right!

Desantis didn't order nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents and then fudge the numbers.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/desantis-c...110000651.html

"came at a time when we didn't understand much about Covid"

We knew that it was going to hit the elderly the hardest, we knew that when Cuomo forced nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents. My company sells professional liability to nursing homes, I was on calls with lawyers and NY nursing homes all day long, wondering why the heck he was doing what he was doing.

But you can't criticize Cuomo.

Anyway, if there's some reason why we should only judge Florida based on its worst three months, and ignore what's happened since then, I'm all ears.