View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 06:56 PM   #44
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jim you do understand if you took no action or mitigation….

But that’s not what you have , You’re claiming doing nothing had the same outcome ?

iPhone/Mobile device[/i][/size]
They didn’t “do nothing” in Florida

“So here’s, I think, the most important thing with the data: if you are vaccinated—fully vaccinated—the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying from COVID is effectively zero,” DeSantis said. “If you look at the people who are being admitted to hospitals, over 95 percent of them are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all. These vaccines are saving lives. They are reducing mortality.”

The governor said he’s been urging people to get vaccinated for months because of what he called the “summer season”.

“We have a summer season here, just like last year,” DeSantis said. “It started a little later this year. So you’re going to have higher prevalence for the rest of July, probably into August. And then it goes back and goes the different waves. If you’re vaccinated, those waves are not going to impact you in any significant way and I think that’s the important message for people.”

Gov. DeSantis praised Florida’s vaccine rollout and its choice to prioritize seniors getting the shot first, and acknowledged the slower uptake of the vaccine among younger Floridians. He also reiterated that he thought it was a mistake for the Food and Drug Administration to pause use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine after a few women experienced blood clots. Florida followed the FDA and Centers for Disease Control recommendation at the time and paused the vaccine.

“I think that, that sent a message that maybe this is not something that they should be doing. I think that’s been unfortunate because I took it, I think it’s effective,” he said.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device