View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
as always, you’re responding to something i never said. i never, ever said that republicans all handled covid better than all democrats. so i just don’t know who, or what, you’re responding to.

FL has a huge number of seniors, so it’s a bit messy just comparing florida’s death rates to other states who don’t have nearly as many seniors. but even if we just do that, maybe there’s something to be said about having florida’s death rates but have businesses open and kids in school and people
living their lives, rather than implementing brutal lockdowns and improving your death rate a little?

the fact ( and it’s a fact) that massive numbers of people are moving there, tells
me that americans think he’s doing ok.

tell me, why did you all post his weekly numbers when they were awful, and stop posting his weekly. umbers when they were great?

obviously it’s because this isn’t about truth, it’s about doing whatever it takes to make him look bad.

that’s the difference between us. if his death rates were the worst in the country, i’d say he blew it and should step down. but if his death rates were the best in the country, none of you would give him any credit.

let’s see where FLs death rates are in spring, because in the winter people in FL are outside, and people
i. new england are inside. maybe that helps FL. maybe not.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nothing messy at all other than the 40 Thousand dead people in Florida who would disagree with you, if they could. That's the difference between Florida and Vermont or Maine's death rate.

Compare Florida to Vermont then for how many seniors there are,

Rank State Population Ages 65+ (percent)
1 Maine 20.6
2 Florida 20.5
3 West Virginia 19.9
4 Vermont 19.4

Maine and Vermont both are among the lowest while West Virginia is pretty squarely in the middle of number of infections and deaths for all time.
Florida makes the top 10 for deaths and cases

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin