View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #96
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and what is it, when liberals ban To Kill A Mockingbird

There’s plenty of racism in that book. but what liberals somehow miss ( and you really have to be stupid to miss) is that the racists are portrayed as awful. the guy fighting against the racists,,is the hero of the book.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
school board’s decision

following concerns raised by parents over racism.

the main character his actions are not heroic “In reality, Atticus was an unwilling participant not a civil rights crusader;

I agree with you the book is full of racism ,

I don’t think the concern is teaching about racism

Parents concerns of CRT would be legitimate if it was actually happening

And this is the State looking to ban books huge difference

Krause sent a letter on Monday to the Texas Education Agency and superintendents of school districts around the state, asking each official to confirm whether their schools possess any books on his list, along with a detailed accounting of where they are and how much money was spent on them.

but his request mentioned several recent pushes to remove books from libraries and classrooms if they center on issues from transgender identity to critical race theory

https://www.marshall.edu/library/ban...a-mockingbird/

List all the ban attempts of the book not all are liberal areas one was over Challenged at the Brentwood (TN) Middle School because the book contains “profanity” and “contains adult themes such as sexual intercourse, rape, and incest.

Last edited by wdmso; 10-29-2021 at 07:53 AM..