View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 01:34 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Oh I do worry about what’s happening in this country

Let’s be clear what happened here: Basically, once Trump realized he couldn’t keep secret his support for and coordination of the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol, he just decided to embrace it and call it a protest.

So now, every R will have to either embrace Jan 6 as a valid form of protesting a “stolen” election (as Trump now has) or condemn it as wrong.

Their line has changed so many times. First: Antifa. Then: wrong, but not an insurrection. Then: bad apples but the police let them in.

These are unserious people who are trying to come up with any line that will allow them to stay in good graces with an increasingly deranged base while speaking through the mainstream channels of normal society and institutions.

You know whose line hasn’t changed?

Liz Cheney’s

Trump’s now explicit embrace of the January 6 attack this many months later is just the latest example of what is becoming the newest truism in American politics…

Never Trumpism is never wrong.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
how many elected republicans can you point to, who are saying g that january 6th was a valid form of protest?

“never trumpism is never wrong.”

never trumpers planted fake racists in the VA republican governor candidates side. that’s not wrong?