View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 08:08 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Here is the best description of a Trumplican

Regular republicans have a few guiding principles like small government = good and respect for the institutions of the nation.

A Trumplican is perfectly willing to abandon any of these principles if Trump does.

Think about republicans dating all the way back to Richard Nixon. Would any of them downplay or shrug off a violent insurrection against the state? Would any of them dare challenge our democratic process?

No !

but a Trumplican They would say No problem party 1st Country maybe 2nd and that’s a maybe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so if i condemn what happened in january 6th ( and i similarly condemn the BLM riots), but i like the legislative policies that trump helped usher in, what does that make me? i like trumps legislative accomplishments more than i’d like what any “classical” republican would have done. but i hate what happened in january 6th.

as to challenging our democratic process,,not sure if you responded to my post yesterday. but when bush beat gore, democrats sued. when trump beat hilary, many in the left were urging electors not to vote for trump. so where do you get off saying that no one has ever tried to undermine the will of the people?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device