View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #136
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Virginia's Spotsylvania County School Board voted 6-0 earlier this week to order public school libraries to remove and catalog all "sexually explicit" books from their libraries, after a parent at one high school complained about "LGBTQIA" fiction prominently displayed in the school's digital library app, The Free Lance-Star reports.

Two of the board members wanted to go farther, the Free Lance-Star reports. "I think we should throw those books in a fire," said one member.

Wonder if he burned his kids Kindle?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How about teaching K-12 a good dose of civics, the Constitution, unalienable individual rights rather than shaving "pu$$ies" so boyfriends can eat them. And an even larger dose of math, communication skills, history, and intros to science and the scientific method.

How about leaving psychological and behavioral and other social sciences (which are disputable and usually controversial) to more advanced and elective education.

If being able to find it on Kindl and TV and the internet and bookstores and movies is a reason or defence for inserting it in public elementary and high schools, then their should be no reason or objection to having intelligent design, for instance, available as reading material and discussion as well. There is no end of what should be available in the schools if it can be found elsewhere.

It is difficult enough to rigorously teach the basic skills that will be necessary in adult life without spending time on froth. And I think it is right and necessary for all adults, especially parents, to insist that their taxes be spent on learning to learn and learning what will be essential for becoming a well functioning, responsible, adult.

The other stuff should be a matter of choice, and studied, observed, or practiced by well grounded adults